Tuesday, March 9, 2021

John 14:7-9 Part 1 of 2

"If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on you do know him and have seen him." Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?"

If you really know me, you will know my Father as well 
John 1:18  No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. 
John 8:19  Then they asked him, "Where is your father?"  "You do not know me or my Father," Jesus replied. "If you knew me, you would know my Father also." 
1 John 2:23  No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also. 
1 John 4:15  If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 
1 John 5:1  Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 
2 John 9  Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 

Philip said, "Show us the Father and that will be enough for us" 
John 1:43  The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, "Follow me."
John 6:5-6  When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do. 
John 12:20-22  Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the festival. They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request. "Sir," they said, "we would like to see Jesus." Philip went to tell Andrew; Andrew and Philip in turn told Jesus.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment