Tuesday, March 23, 2021

John 14:28-31 Part 1 of 2

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me. Come now; let us leave."

I am going away and I am coming back to you 
John 14:2-4  "My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place I am going." 
John 14:18  "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." 
Matthew 16:27  "For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done." 
Acts 1:11  "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who was taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven." 
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17  For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 

If you loved me you would be glad that I am going to the Father 
John 5:18  For this very reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. 

for the Father is greater than I 
John 10:29-30  "My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment