Wednesday, March 24, 2021

John 14:28-31 Part 2 of 2

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me. Come now; let us leave."

I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe 
John 13:19  "I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am." 
John 16:4-5  "I have told you this, so that when their time comes you will remember that I warned you about them. I did not tell you this from the beginning because I was with you, but now I am going to him who sent me." 

the prince of this world is coming 
John 12:31  "Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out." 
2 Corinthians 4:4  The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 
Ephesians 2:1-2  As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 
1 John 4:4  You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
1 John 5:19  We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me 
John 10:18  "No one takes it (his life) from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." 
John 12:49  "For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment