Thursday, March 18, 2021

John 14:21-22

"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them." Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, "But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?"

Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me 
John 14:15  "If you love me keep my commands."

The one who loves me will be loved by my Father 
Deuteronomy 7:12-13  If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the LORD your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your ancestors. He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land--your grain, new wine and olive oil--the calves of your herd and the lambs of your flocks in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you. 
John 16:27  "No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God."
1 John 2:5-6  But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) 
Luke 6:16  ... Judas son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.
Acts 1:12-14  Then the apostles returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day's walk from the city. [5/8 mile or 1 kilometer] When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James. They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.

But, Lord, why do you intend to show  yourself to us and not to the world? 
Acts 10:40-42  "... but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen--by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead." 

[brackets are mine]

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment