Thursday, March 11, 2021

John 14:10-12

"Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? 
John 14:20  "On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."
John 10:37-38  "Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."
John 17:20-21  "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."

The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority 
John 14:24  "Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me." 

or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves 
John 5:36  "I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish--the very works that I am doing--testify that the Father has sent me."
John 15:24-25  "If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason.' " (Psalm 35:19; 69:4)

whoever believes in me 
Matthew 21:21  Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done." 
Matthew 17:20  He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

will do the works I have been doing 
Luke 10:17  The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment