Sunday, January 28, 2018

Psalm 77:5-7

I thought about the former days, the years of long ago; I remembered my songs in the night. My heart meditated and my spirit asked: "Will the LORD reject forever? Will he never show his favor again? 

I thought about the former days 
Deuteronomy 32:7  Remember the days of old; consider the generations long past. Ask your father and he will tell you, your elders, and they will explain to you.
Psalm 44:1  We have heard it with our ears, O God; our ancestors have told us what you did in their days, in days long ago.
Psalm 143:5  I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done.
Ecclesiastes 7:10  Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these?" For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Will the LORD reject forever? 
1 Chronicles 28:9  "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever."

Will he never show his favor again? 
Psalm 85:1  You, LORD, showed your favor to your land; you restored the fortunes of Jacob.
Psalm 102:13  You will arise and have compassion on Zion, for it is time to show favor to her; the appointed time has come.
Psalm 106:4-5  Remember me, LORD, when you show compassion to your people, come to my aid when you save them, that I may enjoy the prosperity of your chosen ones, that I may share in the joy of your nation and join your inheritance in giving praise.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment