Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Psalm 76:10-12

Surely your wrath against mankind brings you praise, and the survivors of your wrath are restrained. Make vows to the LORD your God and fulfill them; let all the neighboring lands bring gifts to the One to be feared. He breaks the spirit of rulers; he is feared by the kings of the earth. 

Surely your wrath against mankind brings you praise 
Exodus 9:16  " 'But I (the LORD) have raised you (Pharaoh) up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.' "
Romans 9:17  For Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."

Make vows to the LORD and fulfill them 
Psalm 22:25  From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly; before those who fear you I will fulfill my vows.
Psalm 50:14-15  "Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you will honor me."
Psalm 116:18-19  I will fulfill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people, in the courts of the house of the LORD--in your midst, Jerusalem. Praise the LORD.
Ecclesiastes 5:4-5  When you make a vow to God, do not delay to fulfill it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it.

let all the neighboring lands bring gifts to the One to be feared 
2 Chronicles 32:23  Many brought offerings to Jerusalem for the LORD and valuable gifts for Hezekiah king of Judah. From then on he was highly regarded by all the nations.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment