Saturday, January 27, 2018

Psalm 77:3-4

I remembered you, God, and I groaned; I meditated, and my spirit grew faint. You kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak. 

I remembered you, God 
Psalm 78:35  They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer.

and I groaned 
Exodus 2:23  During that long period, the king of Egypt died. The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God.
Psalm 6:6  I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.
Job 3:24  "For sighing has become my daily food; my groans pour out like water."
Job 23:2  "Even today my complaint is bitter; his (God's) hand is heavy in spite of my groaning."
Psalm 12:5  "Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan, I will now arise," says the LORD. "I will protect them from those who malign them."
Psalm 102:5  In my distress I groan aloud and am reduced to skin and bones.
Jeremiah 45:3  "You (Baruch) said, 'Woe is me! The LORD has added sorrow to my pain; I am worn out with groaning and find no rest.' "
Lamentations 1:11  All her (Jerusalem's) people groan as they search for bread; they barter their treasures for food to keep themselves alive. "Look, LORD, and consider, for I am despised." 

I meditated, and my spirit grew faint 
Psalm 6:2  Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.

I was too troubled to speak 
Psalm 39:2  So I remained utterly silent, not even saying anything good. But my anguish increased; ...

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment