Friday, January 19, 2018

Psalm 75:9-10

As for me, I will declare this forever; I will sing praise to the God of Jacob, who says, "I will cut off the horns* of all the wicked, but the horns* of the righteous will be lifted up." 

As for me, I will declare this forever 
Psalm 40:10  I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help. I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly.

I will sing praise 
Psalm 108:1  My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul.

to the God of Jacob 
Genesis 24:12  Then he prayed, "LORD, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today and show kindness to my master Abraham."
Psalm 76:6  At your rebuke, God of Jacob, both horse and chariot lie still.

but the horns* of the righteous will be lifted up 
Psalm 89:17  For you are their glory and strength, and by your favor you exalt our horn.*
Psalm 92:10  You have exalted my horn* like that of a wild ox; fine oils have been poured on me.
Psalm 112:9  They (the righteous) have freely scattered their gifts to the poor, their righteousness endures forever; their horn* will be lifted high in honor.
Psalm 148:14  And he has raised up for his people a horn*, the praise of all his faithful servants, of Israel, the people close to his heart. Praise the LORD.

*horns symbolize strength
(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment