Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Psalm 74:2-3 Part 2 of 2

Remember the nation you purchased long ago, the people of your inheritance, whom you redeemed--Mount Zion, where you dwelt. Turn your steps toward these everlasting ruins, all this destruction the enemy has brought on the sanctuary.

Mount Zion 
Psalm 2:6  "I have installed my king on Zion, my holy mountain."

where you dwelt 
Psalm 43:3  Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.
Psalm 68:16  ...why gaze in envy, you rugged mountain (Mount Bashan), at the mountain where God chooses to reign, where the LORD himself will dwell forever?
Isaiah 46:13  "I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed. I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel."
Joel 3:21  "Shall I leave their innocent blood unavenged? No, I will not." The LORD dwells in Zion!
Obadiah 1:17  "But on Mount Zion will be deliverance; it will be holy, and Jacob will possess his inheritance."

Turn your steps toward these everlasting ruins 
Isaiah 44:24-28  "This is what the LORD says--your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself, who foils the signs of false prophets and makes fools of diviners, who overthrows the learning of the wise and turns it into nonsense, who carries out the words of his servants and fulfills the predictions of his messengers, who says of Jerusalem, 'It shall be inhabited,' of the towns of Judah, 'They shall be rebuilt,' and of their ruins, 'I will restore them,' who says to the watery deep,' Be dry, and I will dry up your streams,' who says of Cyrus, 'He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please; he will say of Jerusalem, "Let it be rebuilt," and of the temple, "Let its foundations be laid." ' "
Isaiah 52:9  Burst into songs of joy together, you ruins of Jerusalem, for the LORD has comforted his people, he has redeemed Jerusalem.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment