Friday, January 26, 2018

Psalm 77:1-2 Part 2 of 2

I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and I would not be comforted. 

at night 
Psalm 6:6  I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.
Psalm 88:1  LORD, you are the God who saves me; day and night I cry out to you.

I stretched out untiring hands 
Exodus 9:29  Moses replied, "When I have gone out of the city, I will spread out my hands in prayer to the LORD. The thunder will stop and there will be no more hail, so you may know that the earth is the LORD's."
Job 11:13-15  "Yet if you devote your heart to him and stretch out your hands to him, if you put away the sin that is in your hand and allow no evil to dwell in your tent, then, free of fault, you will lift up your face; you will stand firm and without fear."

and I would not be comforted 
Genesis 37:35  All his (Jacob's) sons and daughters came to comfort him, but he refused to be comforted. "No," he said, "I will continue to mourn until I join my son (Joseph) in the grave." So his father wept for him.
Matthew 2:18  "A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more." (Jeremiah 31:15)

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment