Sunday, January 21, 2018

Psalm 76:4-6

You are radiant with light, more majestic than mountains rich with game. The valiant lie plundered, they sleep their last sleep; not one of the warriors can lift his hands. At your rebuke, God of Jacob, both horse and chariot are still. 

You are radiant with light 
Psalm 36:9  For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
John 8:12  When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

The valiant lie plundered 
Judges 20:44  Eighteen thousand Benjamites fell, all of them valiant fighters.

they sleep their last sleep 
Psalm 13:3  Look on me and answer, LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, ...
Matthew 9:23-25  When Jesus entered the synagogue leader's house and saw the noisy crowd and people playing pipes, he said, "Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep." But they laughed at him. After the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up.

At your rebuke, God of Jacob 
Psalm 50:21  "When you (the wicked) did these things and I (God) kept silent, you thought I was exactly like you. but now I arraign you and set my accusations before you."

both horse and chariot lie still 
Exodus 15:1  Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD: "I will sing to the LORD, for he is highly exalted. both horse and driver he has hauled into the sea."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment