Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Psalm 52:6-7

The righteous will see and fear; they will laugh at you, saying, "Here now is the man who did not make God his stronghold but trusted in his great wealth and grew strong by destroying others!"

The righteous will see and fear; they will laugh at you 
Job 22:19-20  "The righteous see their (the wicked's) ruin and rejoice; the innocent mock them, saying, 'Surely our foes are destroyed, and fire devours their wealth.' "

saying, "Here now is the man who did not make God his stronghold ..." 
2 Samuel 22:2-3  He (David) said, "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--from violent people you save me."

"... but trusted in his great wealth" 
Psalm 49:5-6  Why should I fear when evil days come, when wicked deceivers surround me--those who trust in their wealth and boast of their great riches?
Proverbs 11:28  Those who trust in their riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf.
Mark 10:23-27  Jesus looked around and said to his disciples. "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!" The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, "Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment