Friday, July 7, 2017

Psalm 51:8-9

Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.

Let me hear joy and gladness 
Isaiah 35:10  ... and those the LORD has rescued will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.
Jeremiah 33:10-11  "This is what the LORD says: 'You say about this place, "It is a desolate waste, without people or animals." Yet in the towns of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem that are deserted, inhabited by neither people nor animals, there will be heard once more the sounds of joy and gladness, the voices of bride and bridegroom, and the voices of those who bring thank offerings to the house of the LORD, saying, "Give thanks to the LORD Almighty, for the LORD is good; his love endures forever." For I will restore the fortunes of the land as they were before,' says the LORD."
Joel 1:15-16  Alas for that day! For the day of the LORD is near; it will come like destruction from the Almighty. Has not the food been cut off before our very eyes--joy and gladness from the house of our God?

let the bones you have crushed rejoice 
Psalm 6:2  Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.
Proverbs 17:22  A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Hide your face from my sins 
Jeremiah 16:17  "My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from me, nor is their sin concealed from my eyes."
Zechariah 4:9-10  "The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this temple; his hands will also complete it. Then you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me to you. Who dares despise the day of small things, since the seven eyes of the LORD that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone in the hand of Zerubbabel?"

and blot out all my iniquity 
2 Samuel 12:13-14  Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." Nathan replied, "The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. But because by doing this you have shown utter contempt for the LORD, the son born to you will die."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment