Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Psalm 51:5-6

Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me. Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place. 

Surely I was sinful 
Leviticus 5:2-5  " 'If anyone becomes aware that they are guilty--if they unwittingly touch anything ceremonially unclean (whether the carcass of an unclean animal, wild or domestic, or of any unclean creature that moves along the ground) and they are unaware that they have become unclean, but then they come to realize their guilt; or if they touch human uncleanness (anything that would make them unclean) even though they are unaware of it, but then they learn of it and realize their guilt; or if anyone thoughtlessly takes an oath to do anything, whether good or evil (in any matter one might carelessly swear about) even though they are unaware of it, but then they learn of it and realize their guilt--when anyone becomes aware that they are guilty in any of these matters, they must confess in what way they have sinned.' "

at birth 
Job 5:7  "Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward."
Psalm 58:3  Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.

you taught me wisdom 
Psalm 119:66  Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I trust your commands.
Psalm 143:10  Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

in that secret place 
Job 34:32  " 'Teach me what I cannot see; If I have done wrong, I will not do so again.' "
Psalm 86:11  Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
Psalm 139:23-24  Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 143:8  Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment