Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Psalm 51:14-15

Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, you who are God my Savior, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness. Open my lips, Lord, and my mouth will declare your praise.

Deliver me 
Psalm 39:8  Save me from all my transgressions; do not make me the scorn of fools.
Psalm 6:4  Turn, LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.

from the guilt of bloodshed 
2 Samuel 12:9  " 'Why did you despise the word of the LORD by doing what is evil in his eyes? You struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and took his wife to be your own. You killed him with the sword of the Ammonites.' "

O God, you who are God my Savior 
Psalm 25:5  Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 68:20  Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign LORD comes escape from death.
Psalm 88:1  LORD, you are the God who saves me; day and night I cry out to you.

and my tongue will sing of your righteousness 
Psalm 5:8  Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies--make your way straight before me.
Psalm 35:28  My tongue will proclaim your righteousness, your praises all day long.
Psalm 71:15  My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long--though I know not how to relate them all.

Open my lips, Lord 
Exodus 4:15-16  "You (Moses) shall speak to him (Aaron) and put words in his mouth; I (the LORD) will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do. He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment