Monday, July 10, 2017

Psalm 51:12-13

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, so that sinners will turn back to you.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation 
Job 33:26  "... then that person can pray to God and find favor with him, they will see God's face and shout for joy; he will restore them to full well-being."

grant me a willing spirit 
Psalm 110:3  Your troops will be willing on your day of battle. Arrayed in holy splendor, your young men will come to you like dew from the morning's womb.

to sustain me 
Psalm 18:35  You make your saving help my shield, and your right hand sustains me; your help has made me great.

Then I will teach transgressors  your ways 
Exodus 33:13  "If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people."
Acts 9:21-22  All those who heard him (Saul) were astonished and asked, "Isn't he the man who raised havoc in Jerusalem among those who call on this name? And hasn't he come here to take them as prisoners to the chief priests?" Yet Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Messiah.

so that sinners 
Psalm 1:1  Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, ...

will turn back to you 
Job 33:27-28  "And they will go to to others and say, 'I have sinned, I have perverted what is right, but I did not get what I deserved. God has delivered me from going down to the pit, and I shall live to enjoy the light of life.' "

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment