Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Psalm 51:3-4

For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge.

For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me 
Isaiah 59:12-13  For our offenses are many in your sight, and our sins testify against us, and we acknowledge our iniquities: rebellion and treachery against the LORD, turning our backs on our God, inciting revolt and oppression, uttering lies our hearts have conceived.

Against you, you only, have I sinned 
1 Samuel 15:24  Then Saul said to Samuel, "I have sinned. I violated the LORD's command and your instructions. I was afraid of the men so I gave in to them."

and done what is evil in your sight 
Genesis 20:6-7  Then God said to him (Abimelek king of Gerar) in the dream, "Yes, I know you did this with a clear conscience, and so I have kept you from sinning against me. That is why I did not let you touch her. Now return the man's wife, for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you will live. But if you do not return her,  you may be sure that you and all who belong to you will die."
Luke 15:21  "The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.' "

so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge 
Romans 3:3-4  What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God's faithfulness? Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written: "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge." (Psalm 51:4)

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment