Monday, March 28, 2016

Psalm 16:4

Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more. I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods or take up their names on my lips. 

Those who run after other gods 
Exodus 18:11  "Now I (Jethro) know that the LORD is greater than all other gods, for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly."
Exodus 20:3  "You shall have no other gods before me."
Deuteronomy 8:19  If you ever forget the LORD your God and follow other gods and worship and bow down to them, I testify against you today that you will surely be destroyed.
Deuteronomy 31:20  "When I have brought them into the land flowing with milk and honey, the land I promised on oath to their ancestors, and when they eat their fill and thrive, they will turn to other gods and worship them, rejecting me and breaking my covenant."

will suffer more and more 
Psalm 32:10  Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him.
Proverbs 23:29-30  Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? Those who linger over wine, who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.

I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods or take up their names on my lips 
Exodus 23:13  "Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment