Saturday, March 5, 2016

Psalm 11:7 Part 1 of 2

For the LORD is righteous, he loves justice; the upright will see his face. 

For the LORD is righteous 
2 Chronicles 12:6  The leaders of Israel and the king humbled themselves and said, "The LORD is just."
Ezra 9:15  "LORD, the God of Israel, you are righteous! We are left this day as a remnant. Here we are before you in our guilt, though because of it not one of us can stand in your presence."
2 Timothy 4:8  Now there is in store for me (Paul) the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

he loves justice 
Psalm 9:8  He rules the world in righteousness and judges the peoples with equity.
Psalm 33:5  The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.
Psalm 99:4  The King is mighty, he loves justice--you have established equity; in Jacob you have done what is just and right.
Isaiah 28:17  (The Sovereign LORD to Ephraim and Judah) "I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the plumb line; hail will sweep away your refuge, the lie, and water will overflow your hiding place."
Isaiah 30:18  Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!
Isaiah 56:1  This is what the LORD says: "Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed."
Isaiah 61:8  "For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery and wrongdoing. In my faithfulness I will reward my people and make an everlasting covenant with them."
Jeremiah 9:23-24  This is what the LORD says: "Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment