Sunday, March 20, 2016

Psalm 14:4-6

Do all these evildoers know nothing? They devour my people as though eating bread; they never call on the LORD. But there they are, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous. You evil doers frustrate the plans of the poor, but the LORD is their refuge. 

Do all these evildoers know nothing? 
Psalm 82:5  "The 'gods' (rulers and judges) know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken."
Jeremiah 4:22  "My people are fools; they do not know me. They are senseless children; they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil; they know not how to do good."

They devour my people as though eating bread 
Psalm 27:2  When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall.
Micah 3:1-4  Then I said, "Listen, you leaders of Jacob, you rulers of Israel. Should you not embrace justice, you who hate good and love evil; who tear the skin from my people and the flesh from their bones; who eat my people's flesh, strip off their skin and break their bones in pieces; who chop them up like meat for the pan, like flesh for the pot?" Then they will cry out to the LORD, but he will not answer them. At that time he will hide his face from them because of the evil they have done.

they never call on the LORD 
Psalm 79:6  Pour out your wrath on the nations that do not acknowledge you, on the kingdoms that do not call on your name; ...
Isaiah 64:7  No one calls on your name or strives to lay hold of you; for you have hidden your face from us and have given us over to our sins.
Isaiah 65:1  "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' "
Jeremiah 10:25  Pour out your wrath on the nations that do not acknowledge you, on the peoples that do not call on your name. For they have devoured Jacob; they have devoured him completely and destroyed his homeland.
Hosea 7:7  "All of them (the conspirators) are hot as an oven; they devour their rulers. All their kings fall, and none of them calls on me."

but the LORD is their refuge 
2 Samuel 22:3  "... my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--from violent people you save me."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment