Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Psalm 13:3-4 Part 2 of 2

Look on me and answer, LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, and my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.  

Give light to my eyes 
Ezra 9:8  "But now, for a brief moment, the LORD our God has been gracious in leaving us a remnant and giving us a firm place in his sanctuary, and so our God gives light to our eyes and a little relief in our bondage."

or I will sleep in death 
Psalm 76:5  The valiant lie plundered, they sleep their last sleep; not one of the warriors can lift this hands.
Psalm 90:5-6  Yet you sweep people away in the sleep of death--they are like the new grass of the morning: In the morning it springs up new, but by evening it is dry and withered.
Jeremiah 51:39  "But while they (Babylon) are aroused, I will set out a feast for them and make them drink, so that they will shout with laughter--then sleep forever and not awake," declares the LORD.

and my enemy will say, "I have overcome him" 
1 Kings 19:1-2  Now Ahab told Jezebel everything Elijah had done and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. So Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah to say, "May the gods deal with me, be it ever so severely, if by this time tomorrow I do not make your life like one of them."
Psalm 25:2  I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.

and my foes will rejoice when I fall 
Psalm 38:16  For I said, "Do not let them gloat or exalt themselves over me when my feet slip."
Psalm 118:13  I was pushed back and about to fall, but the LORD helped me.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment