Thursday, March 3, 2016

Psalm 11:5

The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.

The LORD examines the righteous 
Deuteronomy 7:12-15  If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the LORD your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your ancestors. He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land--your grain, new wine and olive oil--the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you. You will be blessed more than any other people; none of your men or women will be childless, nor will any of your livestock be without young. The LORD will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you.
Job 23:10  "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold."

but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion 
Job 28:28  And he said to the human race, "The fear of the Lord--that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding."
Psalm 5:5-6  The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong; you destroy those who tell lies. The bloodthirsty and deceitful you, LORD, detest.
Psalm 45:7  You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.
Isaiah 1:12-15  (the LORD speaking to Israel) "When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts? Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations--I cannot bear your worthless assemblies. Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them. When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you; even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening. Your hands are full of blood!"

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment