Saturday, April 16, 2011

LOVE Psalm 31:23-24

Love the LORD, all his faithful people! The LORD preserves those who are true to him, but the proud he pays back in full. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

Love the LORD, all his faithful people!
Psalm 4:3 Know that the LORD has set apart his faithful servant for himself; the LORD hears when I call to him.

The LORD preserves those who are true to him
Psalm 18:25-26
To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless, to the pure you show yourself pure, but to the devious you show yourself shrewd.
Revelation 2:10
"Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor's crown!"

but the proud he pays back in full
Deuteronomy 32:41 ". . . when I sharpen my flashing sword and my hand grasps it in judgment, I will take vengeance on my adversaries and repay those who hate me."
Psalm 94:2 Rise up, Judge of the earth; pay back to the proud what they deserve.

Be strong and take heart
Psalm 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

NOTES:
The proud - Psalm 31:18; 10:2-11; 73:6; 94:2-7; Deuteronomy 8:14; Isaiah 2:17; Ezekiel 28:2, 5; Hosea 13:6; Jeremiah 13:9-10

Read 1 Timothy 4

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment