Sunday, June 23, 2024

3 John 1-4 Part 2 of 2

The elder, To my dear friend Gaius, whom I love in the truth. Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. It gave me great joy when some believers came and testified about your faithfulness to the truth, telling how you continue to walk in it. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
 
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
1 John 2:1  My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ the Righteous One. (see verses 1-11)
1 John 2:12  I am writing to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name. (see verses 12-14)
1 John 2:28  And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming. (see verses 24-29)
1 John 3:7  Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. (see verses 1-10)
1 John 3:18  Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with action and in truth. (see verses 11-24)
1 John 4:4  You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. (see verses 1-6)
1 John 5:21  Dear children, keep yourselves from idols. (see all chapter 5)
1 Thessalonians 2:11-12  For you know we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory. (see verses 9-13)
1 Timothy 1:1-2  Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope, To Timothy, my true son in the faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.  
 
(parentheses are mine)
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment