Friday, June 7, 2024

1 John 5:9-10

We accept human testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts his testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.
 
We accept human testimony,
John 5:23-24  "You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you might be saved." (see verses 31-47)

but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 
Matthew 3:16-17  As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." (see verses 13-17)
John 5:32  "There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true." 
John 5:37a  "And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me."
John 8:17-18  "In your own law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. I am the one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father who sent me." (see verses 12-20, also John 5:31-47)

Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts his testimony. 
Romans 8:16-17  The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. (see verses 14-17)
Galatians 4:6  Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out "Abba, Father."

Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 
John 3:32-33  He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. (see verses 31-36)
 
(parentheses are mine)
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment