Saturday, June 15, 2024

2 John 4-6

It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
 
It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.
3 John 3-4  It gave me great joy when some believers came and testified about your faithfulness to the truth, telling how you continue to walk in it. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. (see verses 1-8)

And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning.
1 John 2:7  Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command but an old one, which you have had since the beginning. This old command is the message you have heard. (see verses 3-11)
1 John 2:24  As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. (see verses 24-27)
1 John 3:11  For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. (see verses 11-18)
1 John 3:23  And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. (see verses 19-24)
 
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. 
John 14:15  "If you love me, keep my commands." (see verses 15-24)
1 John 2:3-5  We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. (see verses 3-11)
1 John 3:21-22  Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. (see verses 19-24)
 
(parentheses are mine)
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment