Monday, June 3, 2024

1 John 5:1-2 Part 2 of 2

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
 
This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
Psalm 112:1  Blessed are those who fear the LORD, who find great delight in his commands. (see verses 1-5)
Psalm 119:46-47  I will speak of your statutes before kings and will not be put to shame, for I delight in your commands because I love them.
Psalm 119:127-128  Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold, and because I consider all your precepts right, I hate every wrong path.
John 8:42  Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me." (see verses 42-47)
John 14:15  "If you love me, keep my commands." (see verses 15-24)
1 John 2:3  We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands.
1 John 2:5-6  But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. (see verses 3-11)
1 John 3:24  The one who keeps God's commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us. (see verses 11-24)
1 John 4:13  This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. (see verses 7-21)
Revelation 14:12  This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus. (see verses 6-13)
 
(parentheses are mine)
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment