Sunday, May 19, 2024

1 John 4:4-6 Part 2 of 4

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
 
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, (cont.)
Revelation 3:5-6  "The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels. Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches." (see verses 1-6)
Revelation 3:12-13  "The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches." (see verses 7-13)
Revelation 3:21-22  "To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches." (see verses 14-22)
Revelation 21:7  "Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children." (see verses 1-8)
 
because the one who is in you 
Romans 8:31  What then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? (see verses 28-39)
 
is greater than the one who is in the world. 
2 Kings 6:16-17  "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." And Elisha prayed, "Open his eyes, LORD, so that he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. (see verses 8-23)
2 Corinthians 4:4  The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. (see all chapter 4)
1 John 5:19  We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. (see verses 13-21)
 
(parentheses are mine)
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment