Saturday, April 13, 2024

1 John 2:7-8 Part 1 of 2

Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command but an old one, which you have had since the beginning. This old command is the message you have heard. Yet I am writing you a new command; its truth is seen in him and in you, because the darkness is passing and the true light is already shining.
 
Dear friends,
1 Corinthians 10:14  Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. (see verses 1-14)
Hebrews 6:9  Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are convinced of better things in your case--things that have to do with salvation. (see all chapter 6)
1 Peter 2:11  Dear friends, I urge you as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. (see all chapter 2)
Jude 3  Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God's holy people. (see all Jude)
 
I am not writing you a new command but an old one, which you have had since the beginning. 
1 John 2:24  As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. (see verses 18-29)
1 John 3:11  For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. (see verses 11-24)
2 John 5-6  And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. (see all 2 John)
 
Yet I am writing you a new command; 
John 13:34-35  "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
John 15:12-13  "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command." (see all chapter 15)
 
(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment