Monday, April 8, 2024

1 John 2:1-2 Part 1 of 3

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
 
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin.
1 John 2:12  I am writing to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name. (see verses 12-14)
1 John 2:28  And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming. (see verses 18-29)
1 John 3:7  Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. (see verses 1-10)
1 John 3:18  Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. (see verses 11-24)
1 John 4:4  You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. (see verses 1-6)
1 John 5:21  Dear children, keep yourselves from idols. (see verses 13-21)
1 Thessalonians 2:11-12  For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory. (see all chapter 2)
1 Corinthians 4:14  I am writing this not to shame you but to warn you as my dear children. (see verses 14-21)
Galatians 4:19-20  My dear children, for whom I am again in pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, how I wish I could be with you now and change my tone, because I am perplexed about you! (see verses 18-20)
1 Timothy 1:2  To Timothy, my true son in the faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
Philemon 10  ... that I appeal to you for my son Onesimus, who became my son while I was in chains. (see all of Philemon)
 
(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment