Sunday, April 7, 2024

1 John 1:9-10

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
 
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
Psalm 32:5  Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." And you forgave the guilt of my sin. (see all Psalm 32)
Psalm 51:1-2  Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. (see all Psalm 51)
Proverbs 28:13  Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
 
and purify us from all unrighteousness. 
Psalm 103:8-10  The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. (see all Psalm 103)
Isaiah 43:25  "I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." (see all chapter 43)
Hebrews 10:22-23  ... let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. (see all chapter 10)
 
If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar 
1 John 5:10  Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. (see verses 1-12)
 
and his word is not in us. 
John 5:37-38  "And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent." (see verses 16-47)
 
(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment