Friday, September 25, 2020

John 6:25-27 Part 1 of 3

When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him, "Rabbi, when did you get here?" Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval." 

you are looking for me 
John 6:24  Once the crowd realized that neither Jesus nor his disciples were there, they got into the boats and went to Capernaum in search of Jesus.

not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill 
John 6:2  ... and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the signs he had performed by healing the sick.
John 6:30  So they asked him, "What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do?"

Do not work for food that spoils 
Isaiah 55:2  "Why spend money on what is not bread, or your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare."

but for food that endures to eternal life 
John 6:54  "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day."
Matthew 25:46  "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
Matthew 26:26-28  While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body," Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." (see also Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:17-20)
1 Corinthians 11:23-25  For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment