Sunday, September 6, 2020

John 5:25-27

"Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man." 

a time is coming and has now come 
John 4:23  "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks."
John 16:32  "A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me."

when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God 
John 8:43  "Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say."
John 8:47  "Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself 
Deuteronomy 30:19b-20  Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Job 10:12  "You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in your providence watched over my spirit."
Job 33:4  "The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life."
Psalm 36:9  For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
John 1:4  In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
John 14:6  Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
1 John 5:20  We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment