Tuesday, September 1, 2020

John 5:16-18

So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. In his defense Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working." For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. 

My Father 
Luke 2:49  "Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?"

is always at his work to this very day 
John 9:4  "As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming when no one can work."
John 14:10  "Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work."

For this reason they tried all the more to kill him 
Matthew 12:14  But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.
Matthew 26:3-4  Then the chief priests and the elders of the people assembled in the palace of the high priest, whose name was Caiaphas, and they schemed to arrest Jesus secretly and kill him.
Matthew 27:1  Early in the morning, all the chief priests and the elders of the people made their plans how to have Jesus executed.
Mark 3:6  Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus.
John 7:19  "Has not Moses given you the law? Yet not one of you keeps the law. Why are you trying to kill me?

but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God 
John 10:30  "I and the Father are one."
John 10:33  "We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
John 19:7  The Jewish leaders insisted, "We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment