Thursday, September 10, 2020

John 5:36-38 Part 1 of 2

"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish--the very works that I am doing--testify that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent." 

I have testimony weightier than that of John 
1 John 5:9-12  We accept human testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

the very works that I am doing 
John 14:11  "Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves."
John 15:24-25  "If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their law: 'They hated me without reason.' " (Psalm 35:19; 69:4)

testify that the Father has sent me 
John 3:17  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me 
John 8:18  "I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me."

You have never heard his voice or seen his form 
Deuteronomy 4:12  Then the LORD spoke to you out of the fire. You heard the sound of words but saw no form; there was only a voice.
1 Timothy 1:17  Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. 
John 1:18  No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment