Monday, September 7, 2020

John 5:28-30

"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out--those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me." 

for a time is coming 
John 4:21  "Woman," Jesus replied, "believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem."
John 16:1-2  "All this I have told you so that you will not fall away. They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God."

those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned 
Matthew 25:46  "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
Daniel 12:1-2  "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people--everyone whose name is found written in the book--will be delivered. Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt."

By myself I can do nothing 
John 5:19  Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can only do what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."

I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just 
Isaiah 28:6  He will be a spirit of justice to the one who sits in judgment, a source of strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate.
Isaiah 33:5  The LORD is exalted, for he dwells on high; he will fill Zion with his justice and righteousness.
John 8:16  "But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me."

for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me 
John 4:34  "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work."
John 6:38  "For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment