Monday, September 21, 2020

John 6:14-15

After the people saw the sign Jesus performed, they began to say, "Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world." Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself. 

Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world 
Deuteronomy 18:15  The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.
Deuteronomy 18:18-19  "I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name."
John 1:21  They asked him (John the Baptist), "Then who are you? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not."  "Are you the Prophet?" He answered, "No."
John 1:45  Philip found Nathanael and told him, "We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote--Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph." 
John 4:45-47  "But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"
John 7:40  On hearing his words, some of the people said, "Surely this man is the Prophet."

Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force 
John 18:36-37  Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."  "You are a king then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

withdrew again to a mountain by himself 
Matthew 14:23a  After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray.
Mark 6:46  After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment