Wednesday, September 2, 2020

John 5:19-21 Part 1 of 2

Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can only do what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed. For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. 

the Son can do nothing by himself 
John 5:30  "By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."
John 14:24  "Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own, they belong to the Father who sent me."
Deuteronomy 18:18  "I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him."
John 7:16  Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me."
John 8:28  So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me."
John 12:49-50  "For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."
John 14:10  "Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work."

For the Father loves the Son 
John 3:35  The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands.

Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these 
John 14:12  "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment