Friday, September 11, 2020

John 5:36-38 Part 2 of 2

"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish--the very works that I am doing--testify that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent." 

nor does his word dwell in you 
1 John 1:10  If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
1 John 2:14  I write to you, dear children, because you know the Father. I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one.

for you do not believe 
Isaiah 26:10  But when grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and do not regard the majesty of the LORD.
Jeremiah 2:19  "Your wickedness will punish you; your backsliding will rebuke you. Consider then and realize how evil and bitter it is for you when you forsake the LORD your God and have no awe of me," declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty.
Hosea 11:7  "My people are determined to turn from me. Even though they call me God Most High, I will by no means exalt them."
Romans 2:4  Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

in the one he sent 
John 3:17  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 6:29  Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
John 11:42  "I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me."
John 17:8  "For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They know with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me."
John 17:20-21  "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment