Tuesday, September 15, 2020

John 5:45-47

"But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?" 

Your accuser is Moses 
John 9:28-29  Then they hurled insults at him and said, "You are this fellow's disciple! We are disciples of Moses! We know that God spoke to Moses, but as for this fellow, we don't even know where he comes from."
Luke 16:31  "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

on whom your hopes are set 
Romans 2:17  Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and boast in God; ...

If you believed in Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me 
Genesis 3:15  "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."
Luke 24:27  And beginning with Moses and the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
Luke 24:44-45  He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms." Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.
Acts 26:22-23  "But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen--that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles."

But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are going to believe what I say?
Luke 16:29  "Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.' "

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment