Tuesday, October 30, 2012

SALVATION Psalm 9:13-14 Part 2 of 4

LORD, see how my enemies persecute me! Have mercy and lift me up from the gates of death, that I may declare your praises in the gates of Daughter Zion, and there rejoice in your salvation.

and lift me up from the gates of death 
Job 17:16  "Will it (my hope) go down to the gates of death? Will we descend together into the dust?"
Matthew 16:18  "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."

that I may declare your praises 
Psalm 51:15  Open my lips, LORD, and my mouth will declare your praise.
1 Peter 2:9  But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

in the gates of Daughter Zion 
2 Kings 19:20-21  Then Isaiah son of Amoz sent a message to Hezekiah: "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: I have heard your prayer concerning Sennacherib king of Assyria. This is the word that the LORD has spoken against him: 'Virgin Daughter Zion despises you and mocks you. Daughter Jerusalem tosses her head as you flee.' "
Isaiah 1:8  Daughter Zion is left like a shelter in a vineyard, like a hut in a cucumber field, like a city under siege.
Isaiah 10:32  This day they will halt at Nob; they will shake their fist at the Mount of Daughter Zion, at the hill of Jerusalem.
Isaiah 62:11  The LORD has made the proclamation to the ends of the earth: "Say to Daughter Zion, 'See your Savior comes! See his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him.' " 

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment