Thursday, October 11, 2012

JOY Isaiah 56:6-7 Part 1 of 3

"And foreigners who bind themselves to the LORD to minister to him, to love the name of the LORD, and to be his servants, all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it and who hold fast to my covenant--these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations."

And foreigners 
Exodus 12:43  The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "These are the regulations for the Passover meal: No foreigner may eat it."
Exodus 12:48  "A foreigner residing among you who wants to celebrate the LORD's Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat it. The same law applies both to the native-born and to the foreigner residing among you."
1 Kings 8:41-43  "As for the foreigner who does not belong to your people Israel but has come from a distant land because of your name--for they will hear of your great name and your mighty hand and your outstretched arm--when they come and pray toward this temple, then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Do whatever the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as do your own people Israel, and may know that this house I have built bears your Name."

who bind themselves to the LORD to minister to him 
1 Chronicles 22:2  So David gave orders to assemble the foreigners residing in Israel, and from them he appointed stonecutters to prepare dressed stone for building the house of God.
Isaiah 60:7  "All Kedar's flocks will be gathered to you, the rams of Nebaioth will serve you; they will be accepted as offerings on my altar, and I will adorn my glorious temple."
Isaiah 60:10  "Foreigners will rebuild your walls, and their kings will serve you. Though in anger I struck you, in favor I will show you compassion."
Isaiah 61:5  Strangers will shepherd your flocks; foreigners will work your fields and vineyards.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment