Sunday, October 14, 2012

JOY Isaiah 58:13-14

"If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing what you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words, then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob." For the mouth of the LORD has spoken. 

If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath 
Exodus 20:8  "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy."

if you call the Sabbath a delight 
Psalm 37:4  Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 42:4  These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go to the house of God under the protection of the Mighty One with shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng.
Psalm 84:2  My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Psalm 84:10  Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

and not doing as you please or speaking idle words 
Isaiah 59:3  For your hands are stained with blood, your fingers with guilt. Your lips have spoken falsely, and your tongue mutters wicked things.

then you will find your joy in the LORD 
Job 22:26  "Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God."

and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land 
Deuteronomy 32:13  He made him ride on the heights of the land and fed him with the fruit of the fields. He nourished him with honey from the rock, and with oil from the flinty crag, ...

and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob 
Psalm 105:10-11  He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree, to Israel as an everlasting covenant: "To you I will give the land of Canaan as the portion you will inherit."

For the mouth of the LORD has spoken 
Isaiah 1:19-20  "If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land; but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword." For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
Isaiah 40:5  And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment