Friday, October 26, 2012

JOY Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: "Your own people who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said, 'Let the LORD be glorified that we may see your joy!' Yet they will be put to shame." 

Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word 
Ezra 9:4  Then everyone who trembled at the words of the God of Israel gathered around me because of this unfaithfulness of the exiles. And I sat there appalled until the evening sacrifice.

Your own people who hate you 
Psalm 38:20  Those who repay my good with evil lodge accusations against me, though I seek only to do what is good.
Isaiah 60:15  "Although you have been forsaken and hated, with no one traveling through, I will make you the everlasting pride and joy of all generations."
John 15:21  "They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me."

Yet they will be put to shame 
Isaiah 44:9  All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless. Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame.
Luke 13:17  When he said this, all his opponents were humiliated, but the people were delighted with all the wonderful things he was doing.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment