Sunday, October 21, 2012

SALVATION 2 Samuel 22:3 Part 2 of 2

"... my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--from violent people you save me." 


my shield 
Genesis 15:1  After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward."

and the horn of my salvation 
Deuteronomy 33:17  "In majesty he is like a firstborn bull; his horns are the horns of a wild ox. With time he will gore the nations, even those at the ends of the earth. Such are the ten thousands of Ephraim; such are the thousands of Manasseh."
Luke 1:69-70  "He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago) ..."

He is my stronghold 
Psalm 9:9  The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Psalm 52:5-7  Surely God will bring you down to everlasting ruin: He will snatch you up and pluck you from your tent; he will uproot you from the land of the living.  The righteous will see and fear; they will laugh at you saying, "Here now is the man who did not make God his stronghold but trusted in his great wealth and grew strong by destroying others!"
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment