Thursday, October 25, 2012

SALVATION 2 Chronicles 16:23-25


Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.

Declare his glory among the nations 
Isaiah 42:12  Let them give glory to the LORD and proclaim his praise in the islands.
Isaiah 66:19  "I will set a sign among them, and I will send some of those who survive to the nations--to Tarshish, to the Libyans and Lydians (famous as archers), to Tubal and Greece, and to the distant islands that have not heard of my fame or seen my glory. They will proclaim my glory among the nations."

For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise 
Psalm 18:3  I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I have been saved from my enemies.
Psalm 48:1  Great is the LORD, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain.

he is to be feared 
Psalm 76:7  It is you alone who are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry?
Psalm 89:7  In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him.

above all gods 
Exodus 18:11  "Now I know that the LORD is greater than all other gods, for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly."
Deuteronomy 32:39  "See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand."
2 Chronicles 2:5  "The temple I am going to build will be great, because our God is greater than all other gods."
Psalm 135:5  I know that the LORD is great, that our Lord is greater than all gods.
Isaiah 40:25  "To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One.
NOTE:
In most English translations of the Old Testament, the divine name YHWH (Yahweh) is rendered "LORD" in capital letters to distinguish it from another Hebrew word, Adonai, which is rendered "Lord" in small letters. Whenever the two names stand together they are rendered "Sovereign LORD".


Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment