Monday, June 20, 2011

LOVE Psalm 119:119-120

All the wicked of the earth you discard like dross; therefore I love your statutes. My flesh trembles in fear of you; I stand in awe of your laws.

All the wicked of the earth you discard like dross
Isaiah 1:22 Your silver has become dross, your choice wine is diluted with water.
Isaiah 1:25 "I will turn my hand against you; I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities."
Ezekiel 22:18-20 "Son of man, the people of Israel have become dross to me; all of them are the copper, tin, iron and lead left inside a furnace. They are but the dross of silver. Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: 'Because you have all become dross, I will gather you into Jerusalem. As silver, copper, iron, lead and tin are gathered into a furnace to be melted with a fiery blast, so will I gather you in my anger and my wrath and put you inside the city and melt you.' "

therefore I love your statutes
Psalm 119:47 . . . for I delight in your commands because I love them.

My flesh trembles
Job 4:14 ". . . fear and trembling seized me and made all my bones shake."
Isaiah 64:2 As when fire sets twigs ablaze and causes water to boil, come down to make your name known to your enemies and cause the nations to quake before you!

in fear of you
Joshua 24:14 "Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD."

I stand in awe of your laws
Jeremiah 10:6-7 No one is like you, LORD; you are great, and your name is mighty in power. Who should not fear you, King of the nations? This is your due. Among all the wise leaders of the nations and in all their kingdoms, there is no one like you.
Habakkuk 3:2 LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy.

NOTES:
Read Revelation 22

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment