Sunday, May 22, 2011

LOVE Psalm 94:17-19

Unless the LORD had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. When I said, "My foot is slipping," your unfailing love, LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

Unless the LORD had given me help
Psalm 124:2-3 . . . if the LORD had not been on our side when people attacked us, they would have swallowed us alive when their anger flared against us; . . .

I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death
Psalm 31:17 Let me not be put to shame, LORD, for I have cried out to you; but let the wicked be put to shame and be silent in the realm of the dead.

When I said, "My foot is slipping,"
Deuteronomy 32:35 "It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."
Job 12:5 "Those who are at ease have contempt for misfortune as the fate of those whose feet are slipping."

When anxiety was great within me
Ecclesiastes 11:10 So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast of the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless.

your consolation brought joy to my soul
Job 6:10 "Then I would still have this consolation--my joy in unrelenting pain--that I had not denied the words of the Holy One."

NOTES:
Read 1 John 1

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment