Sunday, March 26, 2017

Psalm 48:6-7

Trembling seized them there, pain like that of a woman in labor. You destroyed them like ships of Tarshish shattered by an east wind.

Trembling seized them there 
Job 4:13-14  "Amid disquieting dreams in the night, when sleep falls on people, fear and trembling seized me and made all my bones shake."
Jeremiah 5:22  "Should you not fear me?" declares the LORD. "Should you not tremble in my presence? I made the sand a boundary for the sea, an everlasting barrier it cannot cross. The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail; they may roar, but they cannot cross it."
Habakkuk 3:16  I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound; decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled. Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us.

pain like that of a woman in labor 
Genesis 3:16  To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."
Isaiah 21:3  At this my body is racked with pain, pangs seize me, like those of a woman in labor; I am staggered by what I hear, I am bewildered by what I see.

You destroyed them like ships of Tarshish 
Isaiah 23:1  A prophecy against Tyre: Wail, you ships of Tarshish! For Tyre is destroyed and left without house or harbor. From the land of Cyprus word has come to them.
1 Kings 10:22  The king had a fleet of trading ships at sea along with the ships of Hiram. Once every three years it returned, carrying gold, silver and ivory, and apes and baboons.
1 Kings 22:48  Now Jehoshaphat built a fleet of trading ships to go to Ophir for gold, but they never set sail--they were wrecked at Ezion Geber.

shattered by an east wind 
Isaiah 27:8  By warfare and exile you contend with her--with his fierce blast he drives her out, as on a day the east wind blows.
Jeremiah 18:17  "Like a wind from the east, I will scatter them before their enemies; I will show them my back and not my face in the day of their disaster."
Jeremiah 27:25-26  "The ships of Tarshish serve as carriers for your wares. You are filled with heavy cargo as you sail the sea. Your oarsmen take you out to the high seas. But the east wind will break you to pieces far out at sea."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment